Friday, February 6, 2009

Student of the Week, Feb. 9-13


Each week I am going to choose randomly a student to be the "Student of the Week." This week, the "Student of the Week" is Jak. That's Jak with no c. Jak was born in Dahran, Saudi Arabia. He takes classes here and goes to the high school to take Orchestra. He plays the bass. Jak claims that the high school was making him crazy, so he came to the Flint Hills Learning Center under the illusion of freedom. When he's not in school, he enjoys writing, sleeping, and talking with friends. An interesting fact about Jak is that he has double jointed thumbs. Jak also has a way with words. The following is what Jak has to say about himself: "I dance while I'm the only one dancing; usually on my feet, not all the time, but mostly. Words catch me, and rhymes are catchy, but rapping is sketchy. I don't quite like egotism to a beat. I'm more of a poet, I'm into poetry, which I guess is neat."

No comments:

Post a Comment